The following steps outline the Enrolment Procedure:
- Register to attend a Special Character Talk
- Complete and return a Pre-enrolment Form
- Receive and invitation to attend an enrolment interview
- Decision by both parties on whether to proceed with the enrolment
- Class Day Visit for student / issue of Enrolment Pack
- Student start date agreed
- Enrolment Pack documentation completed and returned to Office prior to student commencing school
Special Character Preference
A student shall be given preference of enrolment when the Proprietors deem that the student’s parents, caregivers or legal guardians have demonstrated a connection with Waldorf Education, as per the Special Character of the school. This is determined during the enrolment process.
The grounds for preference are the specific or general connection the family has to the aims, values and principles of Waldorf education.
When there are more applications for enrolment than we have places available, Raphael House Rudolf Steiner School considers special character preference enrolments as follows.
1. Student is the child of a staff member of Raphael House
2. Sibling of children already enrolled at kindergarten or school
3. Sibling of a past student of the school
4. A child of a past student of the school
5. A child who has attended either The Cottage or Wellington City (Thorndon) Rudolf Steiner Kindergarten
6. Student has attended another New Zealand or overseas Steiner Kindergarten
7. Student has attended a Steiner Playgroup
Please note: when enrolling to the Lower School, priority is given to students transferring from another Steiner School. Upper School priority is given to students enrolling from Te Ra Waldorf School followed by other Steiner schools.
Special Character Non-Preference for school enrolments
As state integrated school Raphael House has places for non-preference students on the school roll. Raphael House has a maximum of 5% non-preference places.
Non-Preference places criteria:
1. The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of special character and
2. that their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the program.
Non-Preference selection criteria that apply to this school:
1. Siblings of non-preference children already enrolled at kindergarten or school.
2. Children or grandchildren of permanent staff at kindergarten or school.
3. Children of former students of Raphael House school
5. Non-preference students transitioning from other Waldorf Schools
Non-preference students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a waiting list. Students on this list are wait listed by date and number and will be contacted if places become available within the calendar year.