Japanese and German are the two language options for students in the Upper School at Raphael House

Each year a small number of our students wish to undertake an exchange (up to 6 months) to Japan or a German-speaking country (Germany or Austria). 

How can I organize to exchange with a Raphael House student?

If you are currently enrolled in a Waldorf school and are no older than 16 years of age (17 for Japanese students) please email Irja Haefliger at irja.h@raphaelhouse.school.nz with a page of information about yourself (in English)This should include something about your family background, your personal interests and your reasons for wanting to exchange with a New Zealand student from Raphael House.

If an exchange partner is found for you, you will be asked to formally apply (and an application form will be sent to you). Your application will be assessed and contact with your school will be made.